Please search our current titles before placing a request. If we do not offer the title or version you need, please submit the following form.
Expect it to take longer (sometimes a lot longer) to happen than non-UNT individual or group purchases. Some examples of the UNT processes follow (not necessarily done in this order, processes differ across products):
- Ensuring our highest priority remains with keeping existing software working rather than adding new software
- Learning how we plan to use the software
- Understanding the vendor and product's licensing types and methods that work for our use cases
- Identifying fund sources and getting committment for our use cases
- Testing deployment feasibility for use cases
- Learning if people need training to use the software
- Using the appropriate purchase method
- Getting approvals from UNT System IT Security, UNT System IT Compliance, and the UNT ITPP Committee
- Paying the vendor for the product so we can get the product
- Creating and testing production software deployment packages for viability and the use case
- Deploying the software
- Announcing the software's availability
- Departments or grants typically fund individual small group purchases.
- CAS IT can help identify funding for larger scale purchases that benefit multiple departments, colleges, or UNT institutions.