- The resource you want to manage is listed in the Outlook global address book.
- You must have an Exchange Mailbox. Not sure?
- You have appropriate permissions granted by the CAS Postmaster or the resource manager.
Note: Outlook may need to be closed and re-opened in order for your permissions to the new mailbox to be detected.
- Adding an Additional Account in Outlook
- Manage a Resource With Webmail Using Internet Explorer or Firefox
- Accessing a Shared Resource from Mobile Device
Adding an Additional Account in Outlook
- Click the File menu in Outlook.
- Click Info, if you're not already in the Account Information section.
- Click Account Settings to show the additional options.
- Click Account Settings... from the drop-down menu, as shown:
- Click New..., in the E-mail tab of the Account Settings window, as shown:
- Click Next on the Add New Account window with E-mail Account selected, as shown:
- Enter your %SharedResourceName% and your %SharedResourceEmail%, as shown (leave password blank):
%SharedResourceName% is the name of your Shared Resource.
%SharedResourceEmail% was e-mail in the confirmation notice.
- After you click next, you may be prompted to login to that mailbox.
- Click Finish if you get three green checkmarks, as shown:
If you get a red X for any of those three, please do the following:
- Take a screen shot.
- Reply to your confirmation e-mail (keeping the Ticket# in the subject line), and paste the screen shot into your reply message.
- Restart Outlook, so your settings will take effect.
- After you restart, you may be prompted to login to that mailbox again.
- You may get prompted with a request to allow autodiscover to configure your server settings, as shown:
- Check the checkbox, so you don't have to see this prompt anymore.
- Click Allow.
Manage a Resource With Webmail using Iternet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari
- Using any web browser, visit the http://webmail.unt.edu web site
- Login with your full e-mail address (First.Last@unt.edu) and your EUID password
- In the upper-right corner click the user icon, and on the drop down menu, select "Open another mailbox..."
- Type in the mailbox you'd like to open, and click the "Open" button
- The new window that opens contains the mailbox, calendar, etc. for the resource you chose
- Closing this separate window disconnects from the resource mailbox. Clicking Log Off closes both the resource session and your email session.
Accessing a Shared Resource from a Mobile Device
- Install the Outlook app from the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone or iPad)
- Add your UNT email account firstname.lastname@example.org
- If it already lists your UNT address, make sure any other accounts are deselected then touch "Add Account"
- If your UNT account is not already listed, touch "Skip" then type in your UNT email
- You will be redirected to a UNT page. Input your email email@example.com and UNT password. Touch "Sign In"
- If it asks "Would like to add another account now?", touch "Skip"
- Touch the button with the three horizontal bars in the top left next to where it says Inbox. Then touch the mail icon with the + symbol and then touch "Add a shared mailbox"
- Select your UNT account, which will be used to authenticate to the shared mailbox.
- Enter the address of the shared mailbox you would like to add then touch "Continue"
- The icon for the shared mailbox should now appear in the left column under your UNT account icon.