Due to Microsofts licensing restrictions there may be some features of Office 365 that do not appear in your Office applications on Mac when using our standard installation.
If you choose to relicense your Office applications on a Mac, it will take up one of your 5 individual licences. To manage your installs, visit our Microsoft Office 365 portal and sign in with your UNT email and password.
Re-license Office 2016 for Mac
To get access to those features, perform the following steps on your CAS managed Apple Computer.
- Quit any Microsoft Office applications (ie. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote)
- Open Self Service from the Applications folder
- Click the 'Uninstallers' category
- Find the policy 'Microsoft Office 2016 - Remove License'
- Click UnLicense
- Once the policy says 'Done' or disappears, close Self Service
- Open one of the Office 2016 applications (ie. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote)
You will see a window that says you need to Activate Office, Click SIgn In
- Type in your UNT email address and click Next
- Type in your UNT password, click Sign In
- You should immediately see the Office 365 features in your applications, but you may need to wait a minute to allow everything to sync, Quit, and re-launch the app