The Server running PINE will be referred to as Marta. The Marta user will be referred to as Marta\\UserOLD where applicable. The Domain that Exchange is running on will be referred to as UNT. The Exchange user will be referred to as UNT\\UserNEW where applicable.
This answer has been broken down into 3 main phases, plus some preparation and finalization work:
- Export Contacts from PINE
- Import Contacts to Windows 7 Contacts
- Import Contacts to Outlook 2010 Contacts
- Backup the password file: /etc/shadow
- Change Marta\\UserOLD Password (security so we don't need to know their password).
- Export Contacts from PINE.
- Login to Win7 with Outlook 2010 installed as UNT\\UserNEW.
- Import VCARD.vcf to Win7 Contacts
- Possibly editing the VCARD file and running a second time if only half the contacts load.
- Launch Outlook and Connect to Exchange as the User.
- Add IMAPS connection to Marta.
- Move all e-mail from Marta to Exchange checking for sub-folders.
- Import Contacts from Win7 Contacts
- Make sure the Contacts are the Exchange Account.
- Login to Webmail and confirm you see your migrated mail and contacts.
- Restore the Marta\\UserOLD password by restoring the password file: /etc/shadow
Credits: The University of Auckland