The UNT Outlook mail system is configured for quotas, which means that you can have a up to a certain amount of mail on the server at any given time. The server will automatically back up the messages to UNT's system. If you'd like to backup copies of your correspondence to your personal hard drive, then you will need to set up an archive.
Any message moved from the live system to an archive is only accessible from that computer or a computer with similar network access. If you choose to store your archive on your computer (C:) instead of the network (H:), be sure regulalry backup your archives.
To configure manual archiving in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019, and Outlook for Microsoft 365:
1. Click File -> Info -> Tools -> Clean up old items...
2. Click the Archive this folder and all subfolders option, and choose the folder you want to archive.
3. Enter a date in the Archive items older than section.
4. Under Archive file, choose a location to save your .pst file.
- If you wish to store the file on the network, enter h:\mailarchive.pst as the file name then click Ok. An archive stored on the network should never be opened by more than one person or computer at a time.
You can configure Auto Archive settings within Outlook under File -> Options -> Advanced -> AutoArchive settings... but it is not required.