Webfile is CAS's web-based file manager that provides secure remote access to your network data.
Logging into webfile.cas.unt.edu
- Open a web browser
- Type https://webfile.cas.unt.edu into the address bar
- Enter your EUID and password
Logging out of webfile.cas.unt.edu
- In the upper-left corner of the webpage, click the three verticle dots just to the right of your EUID.
- Click "Log out"
Accessing different workspaces
The left-most column of the webpage is where you'll select (click) the workspace you need to access. This is how you'll switch between network drives (Home, Shared, and Research).
- HOME (H:) refers to your personal Home drive
- RESEARCH (R:) refers to the Research drive
- SHARED (S:) refers to your departmental Shared drive
Browsing and using the workspaces
- After selecting a workspace, you can navigate to a specific folder/location by either clicking the down-arrow next to the workspace to allow tree-like folder browsing in the left-most column, or you can work in the middle (largest) column to browse folders and files.
- Click column headers to sort how your folders/files are listed (e.g. Filename, Size, Type, Modified, etc).
- Double-clicking will open a folder, or download a file. Single-clicking selects a single file/folder. Some additional file info will show in the right-most column for files that are selected.
- Left-click and Ctrl and Shift key combinations will select multiple items. (Unfortunately, you cannot download multiple files at once)
- Right-click will open the context menu to select needed action for a file/folder (e.g. Rename, Copy, Download, etc).
Uploading files to a folder
- Navigate to the folder you want to upload your file(s) to
- Use the green "New" button at the top of the middle column
- Click "Upload"
- The "Pick File" button allows you to upload single files from a folder on your computer (you can select multipe files with CTRL or SHIFT here)
- The "Pick Folder" button allows you to upload the entire contents of a folder on your computer.
Alternatively, you can right-click in empty space in the middle column to create new folders, files, or upload from your computer.