Request an Outlook Resource
A common request from CAS Faculty and Staff is to have a separate mailbox or calendar for managing some sort of non-user entity, like a scholarship or degree program. An Outlook Resource allows you to do just that.
The primary benefit of a Outlook Resource is having its own mailbox, calendar, etc. and giving the flexibility to have multiple users read and send messages on behalf of the resource. A resource also helps in areas of high-turnover by keeping all messages in the resource mailbox and not scattered among various mailboxes. Here are a few examples of Outlook Resources in CAS:
- The Physics depratment uses a resource to manage correspondence on all purchase order requests submitted via a web form
- The Mayborn Graduate Institute of Journalism manages thier conference correspondence with a resource
- KNTU and NTTV have resources shared among their part-time student employees for them to corresponde on behalf of the stations
- The Dean's office uses a resource for scheduling the GAB 210M conference room
If you need an email address that distributes to a group of people, you probably want to Request an Electronic Mail List.
Once you've determined a Outlook Resource is really what you need, read through the following notes and submit the form information below. The CAS Postmaster will contact you once your Outlook Resource is created.
- Electronic mail travels over the internet unencrypted; you should never include sensitive information in email
- All users needing to access a resource must have a Outlook account; the resource is accessed via the Outlook Proxy feature. Student Outlook accounts may be requested by their full-time supervisor.