There are a few easy ways in which you can find your computer's name:
- At the login screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Del.
- Click OK, if you understand to the warning.
.\in the username field.
- you will see your computers name show up under the password field;
CAS-WKTST-7X64in this image:
- If you have Windows 7, right-click Computer and select Properties.
- Your computer name is listed as: Computer name
- Your full computer name is listed as: Full computer name
1. Press: Windows + R to open the Run Window
Alternatively, Click: Start Menu then Click: Run
2. Paste the following in the text field:
cmd /k hostname
3. Press Enter or click OK
4. A Command Prompt window will open and your computers name is on the first line of the black background.
1. Open a Terminal window. You can find it using Spotlight Search.
2. Type in hostname and hit the Return key.
In this example, the name of the computer is CAS-14175.