The CAS Service Desk is ready to respond to phone calls & emails during regular work hours. We are still capable of remoting into your machines, even while off-campus, to provide the assistance you expect from us.
Please see our Contact Us page for our hours, contact methods, and postal / shipping addresses.
CAS Support Considerations:
Any computers coming into the office will be wiped down and set aside for at least a day to ensure no danger to IT staff. If it's in a shipping box, we will open it with gloves and be able to work on it without a waiting period.
If CAS temporarily runs out of gloves or masks, interpersonal interactions will be suspended until additional PPE is acquired.
In-Office work & Warranty Delays:
- For any issue that requires the machine to be in our office to get worked on, or any warranty repairs needed, expect significant delays.
Issues impacted by reduced service capacity:
Inoperable UNT machines:
- If your UNT machine has stopped working please call us at 940-565-4498 or email us at CAS-ITServices@unt.edu.
- Once a ticket has been created, you'll be contacted and scheduled a time to drop off your machine to the curbside of GAB (at the corner of S. Ave B and W. Mulberry St.) or to GAB 313, and pick up a loaner mac. We are currently out of any loaner windows desktops.
- After the machine is backed up, imaged, and ready, we will work with you to schedule a time to pick up the machine.
Low performance UNT machines:
- If the computer you're working remotely on is slow, not the OS you're used to, or other issue that doesn't prevent you from working but is annoying, you will need to work with the resources you have, to the best of your ability, at this time.
- Some users have found a solution in using a personal computer or tablet and remoting into their desktop machine, and you're encouraged to test that if your UNT machine isn't working as efficiently as you'd like.
Newly purchased computers:
- Please restrict computing purchases to only those that are essential for continuing business.
- If possible, ship the computers directly to the CAS office instead of to department during this period (please let us know it's coming!). Otherwise, schedule a time to deliver the machine to GAB 313 via email to CAS-ITServices@unt.edu when the machine arrives.
- Once the machine is imaged, the user or a representative of the department will need to schedule a time to come pick the machine up from GAB 313.
On-Campus, out of 313 work:
- For any work that needs to be done outside of 313 in an office, research lab, etc., you must schedule it with us via email or the ticket we create for the issue.
- If you need a laptop, email us at CAS-ITServices@unt.edu where we will schedule a time you can come pick one up at GAB (at the corner of S. Ave B and W. Mulberry St.).
- You will receive only the mac and a charger.
- These will have a unique username and password and will not use your UNT credentials. You will receive an email after it is checked out with this information.