NOTE: In this FAQ, always replace %ListName% with your actual List Name in all lowercase. If your list is CAS-Test, and you're told that your list e-mail is %ListNameemail@example.com, then your list e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The list administrators have control over parameters of the mailing list. They are able to change any list configuration variable available through these administration web pages.
The list moderators have limited permissions; they are not able to change any list configuration, but they are allowed to tend to pending administration requests, including approving or rejecting held subscription requests, and disposing of postings. Of course, the list administrators can also tend to pending requests.
In order to split the list ownership duties into administrators and moderators, you must set a separate moderator password in the fields below, and also provide the email addresses of the list moderators in the general options section.
All requests to reset the main Admin Password must go through the Mailman Owner (AKA: CAS Postmaster). Only three people can request a reset of this password:
- A current List Admininistrator (Owner)
- Can be verified by determining who receives e-mails sent to: %ListNameemail@example.com
- Chair/Director over the List
- Assistant to the Chair/Director over the List
To reset your forgotten password, you have two choices:
- Come by GAB 313 with your UNT issued, photo ID card.
- An authorized requestor for this change can e-mail the Mailman Owner from your UNT Exchange E-mail address. In your e-mail, include the following information: