UNT faculty and staff can browse a customized Dell Premier store to purchase PCs.
To purchase a Dell PC, simply follow 3 steps to get your departmental purchasing agents the information they need:
Dell desktops are either a SFF (Small Form Factor size), or an AIO (All-in-one) :
We have listed the options below (excluding tablets and accessories) and included their core components for easy decision making if you know approximately what you're looking for but what a quick comparison chart between the offerings.
- Optiplex 7070 - CAS ITS Recommended
Intel® Core™ i5-9500 Processor (6 Core, 9MB, 4.4GHz) (recommended for daily task-work)
Intel® Core™ i7-9700 Processor (8 Core, 12MB, 4.7GHz) (recommended for multi-tasking and researchers)
8 GB (1x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Memory
16 GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Memory (recommended)
256 GB 2.5inch SATA class 35 Solid State Drive (SSD)
Video Card Intel® Integrated Graphics Optical Drive
8x DVD+/-RW Optical drive
- Optiplex 7470 AIO (All in One) - Best for kiosks, labs, short duration, current option has no height adjustment for the monitor
CPU Intel® Core™ i7-9700 Processor (8 Core, 12MB, 4.7GHz) Memory
8 GB (1x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Memory
Hard Drive 256 GB 2.5inch SATA class 40 Solid State Drive (SSD) Video Card Intel® Integrated Graphics Display 23.8" FHD (1920x1080) WLED Optical Drive Not Included
- Dell Latitude E5400 - The standard laptop. Highly recommended to purchase accidental warranty in the options.
CPU Intel® Core™ i5-8365U (Quad Core) Memory
8 GB (1x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Memory
Hard Drive 256 GB Solid State Drive Weight 3.01 lb Display
14" HD (1366x768)
- Dell Latitude 12 7200 - Dell's recent 2-1 that is more a tablet than a laptop. DOES NOT COME WITH KEYBOARD OR PEN, YOU MUST ADD THESE FROM THE LIST OF STANDARDS
CPU Intel® Core™ i5-8365U (Quad Core, 1.6GHz) Memory
8 GB 2133MHz DDR3 Memory
Hard Drive 256 GB Solid State Drive Display
12.3" Touchscreen (1920x1280)
Now that you've seen what is on offer, you need to decide a few things:
- The standard machines do not come with a mouse or keyboard and must be purchased separately, so if you want new ones you'll have to add them to your cart from within the Premier site before finalizing your quote. You can also purchase a mouse and keyboard from an online retailer if you want something other than a basic dell keyboard or mouse.
- The 7060 desktop only has 2 DisplayPort slots , so if your monitors don't have DisplayPort slots or you don't have those cables, you'll need to purchase cables or adapters from the site of your choice (amazon, monoprice, etc.). For reference, here are the types of video plugs:
- Keep in mind that these desktops can only support TWO monitors. If you need more than that, you'll have to request an exception that includes an additional video card.
Included on all new monitors
Included on all new machines
Icon is letter P inset into letter D
Most common is bottom type.
Not included on newer computers
|Included on current desktops and most monitors.||
Older standard, not included on new machines
Included on some monitors
- Do you need a new monitor? Dell monitors come in two sizes, 22" and 24". Both are identical in terms of quality and performance.
|22" Monitor - P2219H||24" Monitor - P2419H|
|1x HDMI / 1x DisplayPort (DP) / 1x VGA||1x HDMI / 1x DisplayPort (DP) / 1x VGA|
|H:13.95'~18.81' / W: 19.64' / D: 7.09'||H:14.26'~19.37' / W: 21.65' / D: 7.09'|
Power, DisplayPort, USB Upstream
Power, DisplayPort, USB Upstream
- If you want speakers, be sure to include the Dell AC511M Stereo USB Sound Bar which should work with new monitors (Get the AC511 for older monitors).
- Do you need a CD or DVD drive? The AIO and laptops do not come with one, similar to all the Apple models. You'll need to add in the "Dell 8x External USB Optical DVD+/- RW Drive" listed in the standards. This is not an 'option' you can select when customizing a computer.
- Want to get us to double check it? Need to ask another question? Call us at x4498 or email us at CAS-ITServices@unt.edu.
Now you're ready to fill your cart and make an E-Quote, so move ahead to Purchase.
Filling your cart
Navigate to the UNT System Dell Premier (MUST BE ON VPN IF OFF CAMPUS TO ACCESS) page using an on-campus computer. There you will be presented with an image like the one below:
Go ahead and click on "Standard Configurations" where you'll see the following chart:
Here, you should go ahead and add the accessories you need (keyboard, mice, monitors, sound bar) to your cart by hitting the "Add to Cart" option.
For Laptops, be sure you hit the "Customize & Buy" link so you can add the Accidental Damage coverage!
Creating an eQuote
Once you've decided on the machine you want (or customized your machine), hit review and continue to double check it all or press the button.
Now that you have all your accessories and the core machine added to your cart, you need to create an eQuote to prepare a purchase order. The next step is to create an "eQuote" for your purchasing agent in your department to use to create a Purchase Order. Your cart page should have a large button that tells you to , so go ahead and click that.
Fill out the form as necessary, feel free to ignore the fields that say (optional). Once you fill it out, hit 'Save eQuote'.
Choose the one that lists the following:
|SUMMUS UNT ACCT PAYABLE||SUMMUS/UNT||(Customer number here)||
77 SUGAR CREEK CTR BLVD, STE 420, SUGAR LAND
Don't choose the one for UNT SCIENCE CENTER, which is listed as 245 COMMERCE.
Search the company contacts field for your name and select it. If you can't find yours, add a new shipping address with your department's PO BOX. This will ship it to Central Receiving who will then deliver it to your department.
Once you're done choosing that and the shipping method, hit the button on the right that says "Save eQuote".
Printing your eQuote
Once you reach the page that says your eQuote has been saved, you need to print it. Click the "Print" button to the right side of the page. This will make a printable page, which then has yet another "Print" button at the top of the page that you can press to bring up your print menu. Then, change your "Destination" or "Printer" (depending on browser, etc.) and select "Save as a pdf" or the "Adobe PDF" printer to create the PDF that you send to your purchasing agent or attach to your PO if you are the purchaser.
Either way, email CAS ITS either the exception form or your reasoning for the authorized variance. Please include the following items in this email:
- Quote or direct link to the product you want to purchase
- Technical reason why the standard configurations do not meet your needs. Including software or hardware requirements will assist this.